Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sawdust Chronicles Challenge 2010 Part 7

I spent the better part of the day today working on my entry into the Sawdust Chronicles Challenge.  This morning, I worked a little on the legs, planing one side, and getting them ready to thickness.  This afternoon was all about working on the top.  Even though I am using the reminent from the bathroom cabinet, it was a lot of work. 

All my initial cuts where with the skill saw, and because it will not cut deep enough, I finished with the hand saw.  Then before dinner, I cleaned it up with the planes, and smoothed it.  Funny thing about tops like this.  When they put them together they really don't pay much attention to which way the grain is going.  Which makes it a bit of a challenge.

I'll post pictures later.

No comments: