Thursday, September 30, 2010

Time for Caelin Part 7 (There is a crib in my shop)

TOGETHER!!  Whew...  Tonight I assembled the sides of the crib.  By assembled, I mean that I put all the slats in put the top rail on, then drilled all the holes and pegged the slats in place.  You can see in one of the pictures where I got a bit heavy with the glue.  I had to run out, and clean that up before I finished resizing the pictures...  Hang on, I am gonna run out the check it again.. Here are some pictures to look at while you wait.


Like the knot?  I filled that with expoxy early on in the project.  I am looking forward to seeing how it holds a finish.


By the way, that board does not go all the way through the leg.  Got to love rare earth magnets.


The end of the bed bolt I bought from Lee Valley.


There is the glue I went to clean up.  I will make a small plaque to fill the bolt holes in the top of the legs.  But those can wait a little bit.






Here it is.  This weekend I will take it apart again, into its 4 main parts, to a little additional clean up on it, and then start the finishing process.



No comments: