Saturday, April 16, 2011

3 months... Oh my

Ok, so have have had a serious case of blog fade.  But to tell the truth, there has been nothing going on in my shop since January.  Well I think that is about to change.  Yesterday, Amber and I went to get some hardwood flooring for Jesse's room.  We got some red oak on clearance, that was pretty cheap as far as oak flooring goes.  (Any leftovers will probably become crochet hooks, and strikers for turkey calls.)  But while we were there the salesman was kind enough to let me peruse the pile of scrap they have for sitting pallets on.

I walked away with 2 pieces of purple heart, and 1 piece of what I think is Brazilian Cherry.  Some of the purple heart will go to strikers, but I think the rest will end up as Nostepinnes on Etsy.  Unless someone else gives me some ideas...

Here is a picture of the stick I retrived, plus some dogwood, and cherry from the last time I harvested wood at my parents house.  They are about 3' long and 2" square. 


From left to right: Dogwood, Wild Cherry, Purple Heart, Brazilian Cherry, Purple Heart


Oh did I mention that another dogwood blew over last week, so I will be making a trip to the mountains to get that too.  :)

No comments: